Google+ Baby, Are You Coming?: A little bit about me...

Sunday 9 March 2014

A little bit about me...


DH and I have known each other since we were 16. While it took us seven years before we started dating, it was another 7 years until we were married. I always believed in waiting until marriage before having children, as such, I started taking birth control pills at 18, and didn't stop until a few months before we were married. I was on birth control pills for a total of 12 years.

I was always under the impression that it was so easy to get pregnant. You hear about celebrities, and teenagers on the news getting pregnant "by accident" all the time. While it may be true that teenagers get pregnant by accident, I no longer believe that grown adults get pregnant by accident. I wish there was a mandatory class or something in university that explains women's fertility, and how to get pregnant. It was great that I knew about birth control, and I knew enough that I should use it, but there was not enough information about how to get pregnant, and how to avoid getting pregnant.

During the last few years of taking the pills, I switched to Seasonale, which only allows 4 withdrawal bleeds a year. Instead of allowing my body to bleed every 3 months, I chose to take the pills continuously, and did not have a period for approximately 2 years. I now greatly regret this decision.

~m

No comments:

Post a Comment