Google+ Baby, Are You Coming?: How did you know your clinic was "the one"?

Thursday 14 August 2014

How did you know your clinic was "the one"?

We have only been to one fertility clinic for a consult. The experience was fine, the clinic was really nice, and our patient coordinator has been so helpful. However, DH found that they were really pushy in getting us to start IVF right away. The urologist he met with also practiced out of the same clinic, and he was also very pushy towards IVF.

I've read that for IUI to be one of the potential methods, DH needs at least 5 million sperms so there will still be a substantial number after the wash. DH's sperm counts are LOW, at 1 million, so I wasn't as surprised that they were pushing for IVF.

I've put in a request to go to another fertility clinic. So here we are waiting again. How many clinics did you consult with before find the one? How did you know it was the one?

4 comments:

  1. We only went to one as well. I did have some thoughts of trying another one before we started these last two rounds of treatment but as of right now I am glad we stuck with this one. I do believe it's good to check other places though until you both feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie! I will definitely try to get DH to keep an open mind when we go to the consult.

      Delete
  2. We only tried one, but they were not pushy. I actually was the one who kept pushing for IVF, and my doctor told me to wait. I really appreciate that about them, and the more blogs I read, the more I realize how rare that is. I have a friend going to them, and they did recommend that she begin with IVF, but it didn't feel pushy, more just the facts.

    It's good to keep an open mind, and if you are doing IVF you want to best success rates. But also don't be afraid to search for a doctor that cares about you and not the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It's great to hear how you and your friend had different experiences at the same clinic. I truly believe our doctor was recommending the best course of action, but it never hurts to get another consult.

      Delete